Monday 30 November 2009

sewing machine fun

So today is the four day count down until i have to put up my pending exhibition, and the presence of my first sewing machine coundn't have come at a better time. Instead of having to hand sew individually each of the six segments of each apple, i can get the complete in under half the time and with fewer injuries - which i think is always a positive.









What i have found the most presurising this weekend, was the final stages in planning of the exhibition. Because the site is split between two premisis i cannot finalise the details of the asthetic of my exhibition and therefore am completing my planning with manoverability. Since my last blog which mentioned and thanked the ladies from the Liverbirds, i have been focused on experimenting with the particular textile out of which i construct my apple, and the combination of dyes that i will put inside them.




No comments:

Post a Comment