Thursday 26 November 2009

Liverbirds are lively indeed

i had some trouble yesterday updating my blog, so this blog should actually come afte the next one but never mind. I just wanted to share with everyone my experience of yesterday - i had my first quilters club meeting! It was really interesting and all the ladies were really lovely and keen to help and find out about what i do and like. I couldnt of hoped for a better group of girls. The two hour meeting consisted of getting to know the ladies and what they like to do within quilting or craft, i got my own personal show and tell of the ladies past works including collaberative projects between the group that look stunning. One lady who i feel i should mention even thought all of the ladies were very welcoming was judith. On entering she came straight over to greet me and was just very positive and open and made me feel more than welcome, always offering any help or information if i needed it. Thank you Judith and all the other ladies.

I got some of the basic traditional techniques explained to me and after seeing the show and tell i realised that it was the traditional that i wanted to pursue, so at our next meeting i hope to have completed a few blocks towards my family patchwork quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment