Wednesday 17 February 2010

qiilting ahoy

so im very much aware that i havnt blogged since my last exhibition in december, but that doesnt mean i havnt been busy doing work, Since then ive been carrying on with my fortnightly meeting with the liverbirds and i am really loving it. Like i said all the ladies are fantastic at offering help and suggestions, and thats what i need at the moment as im constructing blocks and patches, but theyre able to suggest possibly easier ways to go about doing things. Since Christmas ive began work on a quilt which maps my mother and her social interactions as a nurse, if social interactions is the right word - im not sure. I have my whole quilt pieced together along with the wadding and backing, what im finding is holding me up is that i have two many ideas on how to embellish and quilt the piece to add context and further dimensions to the piece. Anyway, when i figure out what i want to do which will hopefully be tomorow afternoon, il post some pictures of the half finished quilt. I must add that because this quilt is about my mother and the narratives she creates as a nurse, it is made entirely from her various scrubs which she has worn at the hospital, as well as a small saching of one of her old summer dresses to break up the monotonous block colours of the scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment